We’ve been growing fast since we were incorporated in January start! Over the past few months, Cook Play Live has touched—and changed—the lives of over 1,300 children and parents in New York City’s underserved communities.
Read on to learn more about who we are, what we’ve been up to, and where we’re headed.
Who We Are
Cook Play Live is a 501(c)(3) organization founded by Faye Hakimi and Fen Yee Teh. We empower children, youths, and adults to take control of their health, transform their habits and lead healthier, fuller lives with the help of nutritious, delicious, affordable, and globally-inspired meals. We teach practical life skills that establish healthier eating practices, improve shopping choices, and reinforce community bonds through the joy of cooking.
What We’ve Been Up To…
- PowerPlay NYC – We’ve achieved so much together with PowerPlay NYC!
- STARS Series After-School –We trained the PowerPlay coaches who helped us share our activity-oriented healthy eating curriculum with fifty after-school programs. We’ll be re-Playing our hits throughout the 2016-17 school year!
- SuperSTARS Leadership Academy – We loved being back with the program in July. After all, SuperSTARS Leadership Academy is where we got our start! We taught a cohort of high schoolers to make healthier eating choices! The girls loved cooking their own lunches!
- PAL NYC – We had a great program at PAL Harlem in Spring! The kids thoroughly enjoyed trying new recipes, tasting new fruits and vegetables, and learning nutrition basics.
- P.S. 267 – We met the challenge – teach an entire school how to cook a recipe AND educated them in nutrition in 30 minutes. The kids surprised their parents with requests to eat a new vegetable!
- P.S. 187 Hudson Cliffs – We spent Saturday mornings with students and parents. They learnt to appreciate lentils and developed cooking techniques!
- We had a great start to the year and look forward to our upcoming fall/winter programs.
Help us share the joy of healthy eating! Bring us to your school, community center or after-school program. Volunteer with us. Donate to fund additional programs. Check us out at www.cookplaylive.org or email us to learn more.