Nutrition & Culinary Volunteers
This is a great opportunity to introduce healthy eating habits and the joys of cooking to groups of 25 participants.
We need highly organized, self-motivated, and outgoing volunteers to help us prepare for and deliver Cook Play Live’s age-specific multi-cultural and interactive curriculum.
- Work as a team with a Staff Educators to prepare for and implement interactive cooking and healthy eating activities following a provided curriculum
- Set up food preparation and cooking equipment, supplies, and educational materials
- Share your knowledge about origins, culinary uses and/or health benefits of ingredients
- Maintain food safety, including cleaning and sanitation of all cooking equipment used in cooking activities
- Engage with and direct workshop participants schoolers in various activities including meal preparation
Our ideal volunteer has:
- Basic knife skills and ability to execute basic cooking techniques
- Experience or training in nutrition or cooking for large groups
- Dynamic personality and excellent presentation, interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods, and carrying heavy and bulky items
- Knowledge of or enthusiasm about food and nutrition issues as part of multi-cultural healthy living is a plus!
Volunteers typically commit to six weekly sessions lasting 2.5 hours each and work with the same participants each session.